The 5 Feng Shui elements are considered the building blocks of everything physical on earth: Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, and Metal. Each is associated with an area in your home related to the Bagua. The front center of your home is the Career area, which is referred to as the “Mouth of Ch’i,” and symbolizes the flow of energy into the home. The FLOW comes from the connection of the Career Area to the Water Element.
This element is represented by a body of water, and when in balance it enhances communication, inspiration, calm, ease. Without the nourishing water element we can experience stress, lack of communication and connections, and lack of a satisfying career.
The Water Element:
Feng Shui relies on the power of symbolism. While we do recommend positioning water features of all kinds (fountains and aquariums), there are many other symbols of water you can use such as: a reflective surface such as glass, cut crystal and mirrors, flowing asymmetrical shapes, the black and dark tones color spectrum, art depicting water scenes. These are all represented in the Career area enhancements.
Enhancements for energizing the water element and career inside your home or business:
- Ensure that this area is clutter free. If your Career area is your front door make sure that when you open your door you are greeted with a clean inviting space, and that there is nothing blocking the door from opening fully.
- Hang art depicting water (such as streams, ponds, rivers or oceans) or career images and symbols (books or logos from your business or one that you aspire to). This is a great location for a small fountain or aquarium.
- Display items, such as statues, accessories, or furniture in black or very dark colors or in asymmetrical shapes.
- Hang mirrors, and/or display glass/crystal items, such as a crystal vase or a glass table. A round faceted crystal hanging from the ceiling helps the energy flow in small more confined spaces.
Enhancements for energizing the water element and career outside your home or business:
- Water features, such as fountains, waterfalls, and/or ponds work well here. It is important that the energy flow toward your home or business, so the fountain should either be a 360 degree bubbler or facing so the water flows towards your building.
- If your career area is your front entrance (the Mouth of Ch’i) use wind chimes to invite the Ch’i to enter, plant colorful healthy flowers along the path (curved if possible) to your door, and have two greeters in the form of plants or statuary on either side.
- The front door is very important in Feng Shui; therefore anything you can do to emphasize it will encourage new opportunities to come your way. Painting it a shade of red, not only highlights it, but invites wealth and positive energy.
Enjoy the FLOW of positive energy that water brings to your life!