A small child needs a place to play with toys. This toddler is given his own space, a creative activity center, for him to express himself in the Children and Creativity area of the Family Room.
Older children need places to do homework and work on the computer. Adults as well as children need a place to relax, socialize, watch TV, and listen to music.
When designing your ideal Family Room take some Feng Shui recommendations for better harmony and family happiness:
Include adequate storage such as chests, trunks, drawers and cabinets for family members to stay organized. (Notice the organized shelves for the toddler's toys.)
- If possible put electrical equipment behind closed doors for a calm room when not viewing.
- Choose tables with rounded corners that are made of easy care materials.
- Use easy care floor coverings.
- Choose bright, happy colors.
- Include very comfy casual sofas and chairs.
The toddler we viewed above has his special center in the children's area behind this comfy couch. The table also acts as a tray and a place where the children can play. It's easy care and spills wipe right up.
Have fun with it and enjoy the positive bonding energy that Family Rooms bring to your household.