The serenity you create in your home has a great deal of influence on your outlook.
Although all areas of your home lend themselves to harmony; the left front section of the structure is particularly related to “Stillness.”
In the Feng Shui Bagua (Ba‐gua) Map, represented as a grid of nine sectors, this area is referred to as the “Knowledge and Self Cultivation Area”. It operates under the premise that we assimilate knowledge best when we also cultivate a peaceful mind by practicing some form of regular “keeping still.” This can be accomplished through meditation, contemplation, and introspection. With the New Year upon us, now is a good time to build quietude into your daily routine, and honor the full rhythm of life. Knowledge is viewed as the seed of wisdom, therefore when we spend time keeping still, our field of knowledge will be lush and productive. This teaching reminds us that to be truly brilliant, creative, and productive, we must also embrace stillness.
Whatever room your Knowledge and Self Cultivation area resides, applying some basic Feng Shui principles can help you create a peaceful sanctuary.
Enhancements in this area are particularly helpful if you are a student of any subject. Whether full time at a university, attending trainings or workshops to advance your career, or taking classes at your local recreation center, enhancing this area will help you achieve your goals. Not just for students, this area is also helpful to people in counseling or those engaging in any kind of self‐growth activities, or you just want to cultivate a more peaceful mind or lifestyle.
Enhancements for energizing Knowledge and Self Cultivation inside your home or business:
* Keep this area clutter free, since clutter does not act to soothe the mind
* Items in the colors of blues, greens, or black
* Items in the shape of columns or stripes
* Posters, paintings, collages and/or photos of mountains, woods, or anything that depicts a
quiet outdoor space or meditation gardens, pictures or collages of figures such as teachers
and wise people in your life in meditation, contemplation or repose
* Wooden tables or bookcases holding books, tapes or material being studied
* Healthy plants with rounded soft leaves
Enhancements for energizing Knowledge and Self Cultivation outside your home or business:
* This area is best enhanced outside with beautiful lush, healthy plants
* Figurines of people you consider wise, or blue/green gazing balls
* A wooden or wicker bench or seating area for quiet reflection
In both my daughter's house and my mother-in-laws's house the guest rooms are in this quiet area, and both decorated in teals and soft greens. We find harmony and peace each time we visit. My daughter calls it her personal happy place - it's no wonder!
Enjoy the serenity of this peaceful haven in your home and have a harmonious new year!