Thursday, March 25, 2021

Decorating Life with Inner Feng Shui

Due to the pandemic, I have not been able to attend my weekly Flower Arranging classes, which I absolutely loved. The energy of flowers, and the community of women creating amazing arrangements, as well as the hypnotic scent as you entered the room helped me, as Madisyn Taylor states in her Daily Om columns, “to decorate my life.” I continue to make floral arrangements at home to help me stimulate my creative juices.

In Feng Shui we focus on creating serene environments, which are harmonious and balanced. These environments become filled with life force energy, which helps us achieve our life goals.  While decorating our homes, Madisyn also encourages us to decorate ourselves, by expanding our personal energies. The quarantine has been a time for self-reflection and a time for rediscovering how best to “decorate our lives.” Some of you might have chosen to write books, paint, knit, quilt, make masks, cook, redecorate, declutter, play a musical instrument, meditate, read, and garden, to name but a few. All helped expand your energy.

How do you decorate your life? 

My husband expanded his music talent by taking Zoom trumpet lessons. I choose to write, but also love to garden. At this moment, my garden is close to full bloom, and I cannot begin to tell you the love I feel as I step out to walk among the flowers, or just gaze at them from a window. 

Flowers are the quintessential Ch’i enhancers for our homes. They provide us with the beauty and wonder of nature and help us stay connected and grounded to the natural world. 

Explore what makes you happy, and the statement you make through this expanded energy. Choose to decorate your life. Remember - You are special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment