When you express gratitude, you are really reflecting your prosperity. Prosperity does not refer solely to financial wealth. It also encompasses the richness of your life. Are you rich in friends, family, love, community, health, talent, career, self-fulfillment, inner peace and/or finances? How prosperous are you? You can easily take positive steps to contribute to your own prosperity—and Feng Shui can help.
Feng Shui utilizes your positive connection with your environment to help clear the way for blessings to enter your life.
In the I Ching, the Wealth and Prosperity area of your home or business is called “Persistent Wind.” It is not about winning the lottery or hitting it rich in the stock market but about steadily gathering resources to secure present and future happiness on all fronts.
In the Feng Shui Bagua, the Wealth and Prosperity area is located in the back left of your home or business.
To help your prosperity I flow into your life, try a few of the following enhancements:
• Begin by decluttering the space.
• Add any shade of purple, red, or blue, which evokes the feeling of richness.
• Enhance with vibrant live or artificial plants having rounded leaves.
• Install water features such as fountains, waterfalls, or aquariums. Water will feed the Wood element, which in turn feeds the Fire element. Prosperity flows in with water, both in the Wealth and Prosperity and Career areas.
• Display art in the colors purple, red, or dark blue, that represent wealth, or depict large family gatherings.
• Display valuable possessions.
• Add affirmations calling in prosperity.
Try a few of the following enhancements for the outside of the area:
• Continue enhancing with the colors purple, red, and blue in flowers, pots, cushions, umbrellas.
• Add a water feature flowing toward the home or business.
(Waterfalls or 360-degree bubbling fountains work well here in letting prosperity flow.)
• Call in the Ch’i by adding flags, whirligigs, mobiles, or wind chimes.
What to Avoid in the Wealth and Prosperity Area
• Anything old, worn, and in poor condition
• Clutter of any form, which blocks prosperity from flowing
A Wealth and Prosperity Area Not Located Within the Bagua
If your Wealth and Prosperity area is missing from your floor plan, you can anchor the area by doing one or a combination of the following cures: Anchor the missing corner structurally, such as building a trellis or deck, planting flowers in a flower garden or planter boxes in the purple spectrum, adding a fountain, a seating arrangement or a figure representing wealth and prosperity. If the area outside is not accessible, you can symbolically anchor from the inside by hanging a 30 mm round faceted crystal, placing a mirror, and/or a picture of a prosperity representation on the wall by the missing corner. If the missing area happens to be a parking lot, you can draw a small symbol of a dollar sign, Yin/Yang sign or the trigram for persistent wind in the exact location, closing off the corner. In a lawn or dirt area a piece of rose quartz can also be buried pointing up in the exact corner to symbolize anchoring.
Sample Affirmations for the Wealth and Prosperity Area
• “I feel very comfortable with my finances.”
• “I have an abundance of blessings through my family and friends.”
• “I just signed a lucrative book deal.”