These past few years, dealing with the isolation due to the Covid outbreak, made me very aware of the importance of friendships on one’s life. The calls, the Zoom sessions, cards, and careful gatherings have been so important. I feel blessed with friends. I’ve spent this time keeping up with friends in various ways, and also enhancing the Health, Friend and Family area of my home.
In Feng Shui, the energy in your home can help you achieve your health and relationship goals. In the Feng Shui Bagua , represented as a grid of nine sectors The Health/ Family/Friends area is in the middle left side of your home and is particularly associated with “strength.” The idea is that it is important to cultivate strong physical health, and loving friend and family relationships to act as supportive foundations through the periodic “shocks” and unforeseen “storms” of life. This solid foundation also provides the springboard for expansion, growth, and happiness. The healthier we are, the more options we have to enjoy life. Likewise, the healthier our relationships are with friends and family, the more we prosper from the opportunities and emotional support they provide.
Outer Feng Shui
You can locate the area in your home, then declutter and ad a few of the following examples to help you improve your relationship with friends and family.
The element for the Health/Family/Friends area is Wood, and the colors are blues and greens, and florals.
Examples of Enhancements for the Health/Family/Friends area inside your home or business:
* Fresh cut flowers or flowering plants in all colors
* Posters, paintings, framed photos of, family and friends, figures of ideal body images in a healthy state (such as people exercising or being active), healthy plants and flowers, gardens, and landscapes.
(A gallery of family and friend pictures is especially beneficial here.)
* Items in the colors of blues, greens
* All floral prints, such as floral linens, upholstery, and wallpaper
* All things made from wood, including furniture and decorations
*Quotes, and affirmations, pertaining to ideal health, family and friendships
Enhancements for enhancing the Health/Family/Friends area outside your home or business:
* This area is best enhanced outside with beautiful lush, flowering healthy plants.
* If you have a window in this area, enhance the view with flowers as much as possible.
Inner Feng Shui
Feng Shui can be external and internal. I recently read an article by life coach Leah Neas, who speaks to the importance of “Cultivating friendships as you would cultivate a garden.”
She lists ten habits to live by when mindfully cultivating friendships:
1) Be loyal
2) Cultivate trust – earn your trust through your actions
3) Be vulnerable – ask for help and support
4) Be curious and appreciate your friend’s individuality – give your friends space to be themselves
5) Allow your friends to be angry, hurt, sad or scared – Be there for them
6) Be honest but kind
7) Experience the world – stretch yourself so you have more to offer
8) Laugh – the best time with friends is when you can laugh to tears
9) State your needs – be open about who you are
10) Be generous and grateful – Give of your time or small gifts to show how much you care
These are great words to live by. I’m grateful for my friends in every way. Enjoy your special times with your friends in any way that you can.