In the Feng Shui Bagua Map, represented as a grid of nine sectors, the Love and Relationships area is located in the right back corner of your home. This is a great location for a master bedroom.
Yet not every home has the bedroom in that location. Whichever room this area resides, basic Feng Shui principles can help you nurture and strengthen yourself and your relationships, and even send out the energy to help you find your perfect soul mate.
Of the 5 Feng Shui Elements this area is represented by Fire, and recommended enhancements are:
*The colors are red, pink or white
* Photos, paintings, collages or figures depicting your significant other
* Pairs of items (lovers, doves, hearts, candles, vases, figurines etc.)
* Art with a romantic theme
* Quotes, affirmations and sayings pertaining to love and marriage
* Items that have a personal association to love and marriage (romantic vacations/honeymoon mementos)
What if it's your kitchen?
In our house this area happens to be our kitchen. So, when we remodeled, I ensured that the Fire element was well represented, and that romantic representations were evident.
Red Italian glass tile backsplash, red tone blown glass hanging lights, red dish towels, pairs of items on display, such as two red hearts, two glass lovebirds, even a red toaster and blender placed side by side.
I added small pictures of my husband and I, a whimsical picture of a couple dancing holding wine glasses, and a painted seashell we bought on a romantic trip.
While being utilitarian, the kitchen feels romantic and makes us both happy! Enjoy adding these enhancements in whichever room your Love and Relationships Area is located, and watch your love grow.