Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Finding Peace Through Inner Feng Shui

Sometimes there’s a confusion about Feng Shui being only external. People may think that it’s merely the act of moving items around in your home that will lead you to more harmony, and the achievement of your life goals. But Feng Shui is more than that.  As believed, external Feng Shui is about arranging our environment, our homes, and our businesses to let in the life force energy, called ‘Ch’i,” and lead us to prosperity and success. Internal Feng Shui is about exploring our inner worlds of mind, body, and spirit to help us achieve peace, health, and joy. Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese art that allows us to create harmony and balance through our environment. This harmony and balance lend support to our lives. When our lives are supported through our environment it’s much easier to achieve the things we want such as good health, well-being, love, and happiness.

                                   

Internal Feng Shui Inner Feng Shui is about mindfulness, stillness, breathing, meditation, affirmations, and visualization. The Zen Buddist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, stresses the importance of mindfulness. “Your true home is in the here and now…with mindfulness and concentration you can find your true home in the full relaxation of your mind and body in the present moment…The basic condition of happiness is freedom. If there is something on your mind that you keep thinking about then you are caught and have no freedom.”

                                    

With inner Feng Shui take the time to observe the beauty of your home, your garden, the people living with you, the animals surrounding you. All of these can nourish you in the present moment. Resting is an important part of meditation. You should allow your body and mind to rest and avoid the tendency to always be busy. The act of resting, breathing, and meditating will help you avoid, or deal better with daily struggles. Allow yourself to rest, heal and be calm. 

                                      

One example of a simple mindfulness meditation is as you breathe in say “Breathing in, I know that I’m breathing in.” As you breathe out say “Breathing out, I know I am breathing out.” Try to smile as you do this. It may feel like child’s play, but it brings much peace and happiness. 

Internal and external Feng Shui work seamlessly hand in hand. Before beginning your external Feng Shui work, pause for a brief 5-minute meditation for each Baqua area. During these meditations, you will be getting in touch with your beliefs about the nine Baqua areas. When you work on clearing your beliefs as well as clearing your space, your Feng Shui will become more potent and effective. 

This type of meditation technique is quite easy. Simply sit, close your eyes and be mindful of your breath moving in through your nose and out of your mouth. Focus on the breath. Relax with the breath. Feel the breath flowing in and out. Now gently ask yourself a question and allow the answer to come into your mind. All the while, keep your breath in the foreground, and allow the answers to gently float up in the background. Don't attach yourself to the answers. You are just uncovering your internal clutter. Simply observe them at this point. After completing the five minutes, write down a simple affirmation you can use while you physically re-arrange that portion of your room. Affirming your desires while doing something physical is a very potent process to attract Ch’i into your life. 

Affirmations and Inner Work: In Feng Shui, intent plays a significant role in enhancing your home or business. All enhancements need to be made with intentionality, with written or stated affirmations as if they have already happened. Begin by choosing the Bagua area of most need in your life, (it may be love, health, career, prosperity, children etc.) Stand in the entrance to that area, close your eyes, breathe in and out three times then ask yourself a question, and state the affirmation. 




Examples of affirmations for each area: 

  • Career Meditation: What do I believe about my work? 
  • Career Affirmation: "My career is wonderful, and I am successful and happy in what I do."
  • Knowledge and Self Cultivation Meditation: How does knowledge affect my life? 
  • Knowledge and Self Cultivation Affirmation: "Every day I grow in knowledge and wisdom. I have the ability to be still." 
  • Health, Family and Friend Meditation: What is healthy and loving in my life? 
  • Health, Family and Friend Affirmation: "I am healthy, happy, loving and free." 
  • Wealth and Prosperity Meditation: How do I feel about wealth and money? 
  • Wealth and Prosperity Affirmation: " Money flows to me naturally and effortlessly." 
  • Fame Meditation: What do I feel about fame and success? 
  • Fame Affirmation: "I am well respected for all my accomplishments." 
  • Love and Relationship Meditation: What is important to me in relationships? 
  • Love and Relationship Affirmation: "I am in a healthy, loving relationship."
  • Children and Creativity Meditation: Where am I the most creative in my life? 
  • Children and Creativity Affirmation: " My children are thriving, and I am willing to explore my creativity.” 
  • Helpful People and Travel Meditation: How is my synchronicity, is everything falling into place? 
  • Helpful People and Travel Affirmation: "I feel supported in all my endeavors" 
  • Center and Grounding Meditation: For this meditation, simply feel your breath, allowing all thoughts to come and go, returning again and again to your breath. 
  • Center and Grounding Affirmation: "I am safe, grounded and at peace."

    I love starting my day with a meditation. One of my favorites is, “Thank you for this day. Thank you for the air I breathe. Thank you for the gift of life.” Daily meditation, no matter what time you choose, is a wonderful way to tap into your inner Feng Shui and release stress.

    Another meditation from Thich Nhat Hanh which I have recorded and breathe to daily is: “I know that I’m breathing in. I know that I’m breathing out. My breath grows deep. My breath goes slowly. I feel calm. I feel at ease. I dwell in the present moment. I know it’s a wonderful moment. I smile. I release.”

    Blessings come in many forms and with inner Feng Shui meditation, mindfulness, breathing, visualizing, and expressing gratitude and enthusiasm for even the smallest blessings has been found to lead to a happier, more fulfilling life. Every morning when I wake up, I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, or pain. Which do you think will lead you to a more rewarding and harmonious day? What if you began each day with a short meditation and express gratitude for one thing in your life, big or small?                         

                                    

    Be calm, be mindful, enjoy inner Feng Shui

 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment