In Feng Shui there is a belief that seeing things that make you feel calm or that you regard as beautiful help to nourish you. When you create a place where you can see those calming and beautiful things daily, you will create a place where your dreams and goals can be nourished and ultimately manifested.
Feng Shui Love Altars and Vision Boards can help you picture and realize your dreams. They are simply a collection of images, words and objects that represent a physical manifestation of your feelings and thoughts, creating a doorway from the unseen to the seen. They are known to produce profound results, both those expected as well as unexpected, due perhaps to their influence on the unconscious or subconscious mind.
They both work on many levels:
A Vision Board is a one-dimensional board which helps you set and prioritize your goals and intentions. The process of creating a vision board helps to solidify these goals in your head and sends them out to the universe. Seeing your vision board regularly, with images and words representing your goals, and wishes helps remind you of what you want to do, who you want to be, and what you want to have. The vision board helps to ensure that you continue to move towards those things, both consciously and unconsciously. Vision boards are fun to make and tap into your creativity.
Love Altars are three-dimensional vision boards. Rather than creating a board which hangs on a wall, you instead create a grouping of items which sit on a small table or counter. I work closely with two amazing life coaches https://radianceandcourage.com who work with women searching for their soulmates. As in Feng Shui their work looks at having these amazing women love themselves first, and feel whole, as they create space for their soulmates. As part of their training, they create love altars and place them in the Feng Shui Love area of their homes as a daily reminder of their goals and dreams.
Most of all, whichever you chose – THEY WORK! They have worked for me and for others. I can look back at past vision boards I have created and am excited to compare them against the final results. I also have many clients who have created love altars who have gotten engaged and happily married.
How To Create a Love Altar:
A Love Altar is a very personal, three-dimensional individualized representation of your hopes and dreams.
- Begin with a special place ideally in the Love area of your home, or master bedroom.
- Cover with a beautiful cloth (in the Love area think of red, pink, or white)
- Cut out images and words from magazines, calendars, maps, postcards, photos that represent your love goals, or search online and download pictures from websites.
- Add items in pairs, such as candles, lovebirds, crystals, scented oils etc.
- Write affirmations as if they have already happened, such as “I am in a loving relationship with my soulmate.”
- Look at it on a daily basis and recite your affirmations.
How To Create a Vision Board:
A Vision Board is a very personal, one-dimensional representation of your hopes and dreams, so no two are alike.
- Begin with a board (11x14 or 8 ½ by 14 are the most practical sizes, but anything goes). You can also pick up poster boards at your local Dollar Stores. You can think of your life in the course of a year (what you want to have accomplished this time next year), a season or just a single event, for example a wedding. You can even envision loftier lifetime goals such as career or family you have always wanted. Then close your eyes and visualize exactly what you want to happen. See all the details. Imagine your perfect home, office, or event setting. Imagine the people in your life as part of the vision. What else do you see? Hear? How does your vision make you feel? Cut out images from magazines, calendars, maps, postcards, photos that represent these goals, or search online and download pictures from websites.
- You can make it 3 dimensional by adding glitter, string, stickers, shells, rocks, magnets, beads etc. Remember you have freedom in creating YOUR board.
- Use a glue stick, glue gun, tacks, white glue, tape etc. to adhere items to the board.
- Add inspirational words that are very specific to your goals. Words are very powerful, they turn ideas into action, and therefore they need to be always kept in the affirmative; positive, uplifting statements only.
- Add specific affirmations that you write yourself, as if the goal has already happened. For example: “I love my career. I excel in my position and I am given constant accolades for a job well done. I am on the right path for growth.”
- If you want to create a board with quantitative goals, add sticker dots to each one as you achieve them. (A real estate agent had a goal of selling 10 homes that season. She placed a dot on her board each time she sold one. This way she could honor her achievements and watch her goal manifest itself. )
A vacation vision board
Remember, these are guidelines; there is no right or wrong to creating a love altar or vision board. They are a personal representation of YOUR goals; therefore, must speak to YOU.
A vision board for our kitchen project
You’re done! Display your altar or board in a location where you will see it every day. This will keep you grounded, help you grow and remind you of what you are grateful for. It will help you create order out of chaos. Once you have achieved the goals update it or create new ones. This is not an event – it’s a journey. Enjoy the journey and the unfolding of your life!